Ports and Inland waterways (open session-webinar, July 17th 15:00-17:00). What major impacts will this crisis have on Ports and Inland waterways? How can it contribute to overcoming this crisis and simultaneously lowering emissions? What are the major opportunities and bottlenecks ahead, namely how to set up a resilient infrastructure and network, inclusive to climate change?
- Olaf Merk (ITF, Moderator) – Introduction.
- Jean-Paul Rodrigue (International Expert) – Overview of challenges facing trade and supply chains, namely Ports and Maritime sector.
- Adalberto Tokarski (Director, National Agency for Waterways – ANTAQ, Brazil) – Ports and inland waterways’ challenges and perspectives in the current context.
- Jorge Vergara (Director of Strategic Projects, Ministry of Public Woks and Communications of Paraguay) – Vision of future developments for inland waterways, namely on the Paraná-Paraguay waterway.
- Ricardo Sánchez (Senior Official for Economic Affairs, Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean – ECLAC) – Overview of current challenges and decarbonisation potential linked to maritine and inland waterways transport in Argentina and in Latin America.
- Discussion Q&A (pre-planned with additional speakers; moderator has some questions ready; questions from the audience in Zoom and from twitter).